John Schneider, boot and shoemaker is listed as doing business in this location in the 1875-76 City Directory for Louisiana. The 1890 Sanborn fire maps show this location is occupied by a saloon. A.J. (Alexander) Wernet’s saloon is listed as the business occupying 405 Georgia street in the 1892 city directory.
Frank Becker had a tea and coffee business out of this store from 1909 until February 16, 1926 when he passed away unexpectedly.1
In the 1937 directory, the building was home to the Town Tap Room.