1891 Edgar Parks built a store and opera house at 320-322 Georgia Street at a cost of $7,000 and the stone work was completed by H.L. Hart, per the Louisiana Press Journal in April 1892
Their advertisement in the 1903 Louisiana City Directory states:
“We have supplied three generations with music and musical instruments, and are still here to supply all demands in that line. Our customers are our friends.”
The Clark Theater was “the theater” in Louisiana from its opening through the 1970s. It opened on May 22, 1931. This picture shows the crowd that gathered on opening night.
The Clark Theater was bombed in 1931, shortly after it opened.