Powhatan Baird built 214 Georgia as a storeroom for the Wald Bros in 1880.1 Baird Bros. dry goods store at 214 is the third building from the right with the Baird Bros. sign extending out from it.
By 1892 Wald Bros have vacated 214 Georgia and moved their business to 101-105 south Third Street. The druggist firm of DeGaris & Parker are now the occupants of 214 Georgia.2
1 Louisiana Press Journal . 1916. “His Life Work Done,” April 6.
2 “Pike County Directory: Louisiana City Business Directory (1892-1893).” n.d. Louisiana, Missouri.